Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Found Art 15 May 2007

Topic: Lost



EDIT: Damn! I just realised I spelled consciousness wrong! (and realised in NZ is spelled with an "s" for all you smarty pants out there!)


Wow, Rosa threw us a hard one this week...well it was hard for me because I could only think of "Lost" the TV show and so I tried hard to stay away from anything island-y.


So, I came up with a montage of things a person could possibly lose, and granted, there could have been so many more things to add like marbles, your mind, your parents, your childhood, job, sense of direction, pinky toe....the list goes on, but my lighter was running out of fluid so I left it at that. I then added a few small items that I have recently found...the little silver circle thing is enscribed with: "To Mum", on one side and "Love Courtney 2002" on the other. I guess I secretly hope this finds its way back to Courtney or her mum, whoever they are. There is also a button, a brooch, a penny(its probably worth millions, as it's not a US coin and I didn't even check it out on ebay before I popped it in) and a button.


Now the idea is that as soon as this is found, these things are no longer lost!

5 comments:

lena rushing said...

cool, stop giving away such kick ass jewlery! ( : i like it and am envious of the finder.

Kathy L said...

very cool idea! As Lena says, I envy whoever finds this! It is quite a treasure.

k

Shauna R said...

LOL, I just realised I spelled consciousness wrong! Whoever finds this is going to think I'm illiterate...however, it could still fit into the theme...I've lost the "C" in consciousness!
Lena the brooch looks cooler than it is, it's missing a bunch of stuff. thanks though:)

Granola Poet said...

Nice bag of tricks! (Or is it spelled 'trix' in New Zealand? (Or spelt??))

Rosa Murillo said...

Shauna, I love all the things you put in the little bag, I loved he concept of how they were once lost and now they are all found again together. I hope whoever finds this gets the powerful message it carries.. how we can feel lost but be found again!

PS, sorry for the late late comment, I'm trying to catch up on my comments :)